Digital Initiative Offers Ongoing Support for the Canadian Cultivation Community
Montreal, QC: The Grower’s Source, a multifaceted digital initiative to support the cannabis cultivation community, is launching its first annual industry-supported Grower’s Source EXPO next week, followed by their digital flagship channel and network later this winter. The industry trade event is being organized by The Grower’s Source developers Munn & Affiliates, with generous funding from key industry partners BioFloral and CANNA Canada, and media partners Grow Opportunity, Garden Culture Magazine and Grow up Conference and Expo. The GS Expo will run from January 21st to February 6th, 2021, with FOUR DAYS OF LIVE, INTERACTIVE PROGRAMMING.
The first major virtual event dedicated to the business of cannabis cultivation in Canada, The Grower’s Source EXPO comes after a challenging but resilient year for the industry. While the pandemic continues to keep us confined mostly to our homes, those involved in cultivation are eager to see each other again, share their learnings, and achieve a sense of solidarity to propel the craft forward.
“2020 has been a hectic year for everyone,” says Jason Stanley, Sales Director at BioFloral Canada. “First we had the supply chains being broken down by following confinement measures, and we had to respond to rapidly increasing demands while adopting new technology. Moreover, there has been no trade show or opportunity to meet each in person since Vancouver in January 2020, and we can’t even see when the next opportunity will come. It’s about time we see each other’s faces and get together. The Grower’s Source is that opportunity.”
The Grower’s Source Expo is open to anyone involved, directly or indirectly, in cannabis cultivation business. This includes the workforce and management of licensed producers (LPs); all passionate growers; and the retailers and service providers supplying LPs and independent growers. The event aims to encourage constructive dialogue between unique stakeholders, putting a spotlight on the complexity of cultivation, and inspiring the community towards improved ways of working.
The event will consist of 2 weeks of networking, activities, discussion groups, product demos, and a commercial booking program unlike any other -— all centered around four days of live-streamed, interactive conferences, panels & learning labs specific to each attendee’s role and experience alongside speed networking sessions and virtual face-to-face open discussion groups dedicated to specific professional roles / topics / cultivation business types.
Entrance fees are $50 for industry professionals, or $25 for passionate home growers. The $50 entrance offers full access to the EXPO, while the $25 ticket offers limited access from February 1-6, including two days of live streamed content. Tickets are on sale NOW: expo.thegrowerssource.com
Following the EXPO, The Grower’s Source will continue to support the cultivation community through The GS Broadcast, a cultivation-focused channel of podcasts and video series, and The GS Network, an ad-free social network app exclusive to growers.
— Notable Keynote Conferences & Learning Labs —
- Growth Through Experience: Lessons from Our History, To Inform Our Future
- Keynote Panel featuring: Nico Hache, Director within Deloitte’s Risk Advisory Practice, overseeing CCI Deloitte’s cannabis facility and operational optimization and security support services.
- Presented by Grow Opportunity
- Master Growers and QA: How to Foster Collaboration
- Learning Lab for LPs | Panel featuring: Alexandre Gauthier, Master Grower at Origine Nature
- Presented by Biofloral
- Integrated Rootzone Management (IRM)
- Learning Lab for Growers | Panel featuring: Patrick Scnalon, Head of Cultivation & Co-Founder of CANNTX
- Presented by Biofloral
- Crafting the Future of the Cannabis Flower
- Keynote Panel Presentation featuring: Myrna Gillis, CEO &Co-Founder of Aqualitas; Gord Nichol, President of North 40 Cannabis; David Brown, Advisor, StratCann Services Inc.
- Presented by GrowUP Conference and Expo
- From Soil to Oil: How to Align your Pheno-Hunting with Extraction Goals
- Learning Lab for LPs | Featuring James Curran
- Presented by Bifoloral
- Learnings Labs for all Growers presented by CANNA
- Plant physiology
- Watering and the Nutrient Balance
- The Importance of pH and EC
- Dial in Your Grow Op: Precision Irrigation and Plant Steering
- Keynote Conference focused on precision irrigation and plant steering, hosted by Douglas Jacobs, Technical Crop Advisor. Learn best practice applications of the equipment you sell, and boost your own grow game at the same time.
- Presented by Garden Culture Magazine
- MOVIE NIGHT | The Need to GROW: Screening and Discussion with Executive Producer Tanner Stewart
- Join Tanner Stewart, CEO of Stewart Farms and executive producer of the documentary The Need To GROW, for a virtual screening of the film, followed by a Q&A.
Full Schedule available: https://expo.thegrowerssource.com/
For more information, please contact
The Grower’s Source —The Canadian Cultivator’s Knowledge Network
About CANNA Canada